Sunday, June 13, 2010

My life is a zoo

Many people say that their life is a zoo, but I can literally claim it as true. My home is filled with the love of 9 Parrots, 6 Rats and 4 dogs, all rescues, all of whom have stolen my heart. 

First the parrots: 
Shula and Angel  are  Umbrella Cockatoos. They are clowns who say or do something every single day to make me laugh. 
Baby, Marley, Bo, Chico, Buddy  and Toby are Amazons who are loud and silly with very distinct personalities
Wizzer is a Goffin Cockatoo, a little guy with a huge personality and a knack for getting into mischief. 


the dogs are:
Abbie, Jade, Fred and Jake - all large breed bully mixes. All goofy, lovable oafs.

and then there are the 6 Rats: Leather and Lace, Priscilla, Wally, Marty and Flash. (hubby couldn't stand the idea of them being snake food) I admit it took me a while to warm up to having Rats, I was not a fan, but the little suckers have grown on me. Once you get past the tails, they are actually very intelligent, lovable creatures. 


So yeah, I can honestly claim, MY LIFE IS A ZOO. 
I am working on a collage of them all, when I can complete it, I will put their pictures on here. 


My hopes for this blog is to share the stories of each of them and how they came to be with us, share the daily trials and tribulations of loving our pets and of course the joys in loving them. 


My other goal is to review items for pets from foods, to toys, to beds and accessories and to review items for us, the people who love them. And hopefully offer some great giveaways for the pets and their owners.

1 comment:

  1. Following you from OLS post....good luck!

    Follow me too...

    http://www.madamerkf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete